Monday, September 24, 2007

So... this is my first post!

So, I guess a bit about myself: I have been married for almost 6 years to my husband, Tim. I am originally from Indiana (born and raised!) and he is from San Antonio. We met while he was in grad school at Notre Dame in South Bend, IN. I used to hesitate admitting that we met online, but these days, it's no big deal. Anyway, he completed his Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering at Notre Dame in 2005, we lived for 2 years in North Carolina while he completed a post-doc at NC State, and in August of 2007 we moved to Louisiana for him to start an assistant professorship. Let me say this is the 'job of his dreams', and although I'm NOT thrilled to be here, I have made a promise to him that I will make the most of it.

Have I made the most of it so far? Errr... no. I have plans to, but I'm not so great about motivating myself. I need to finish unpacking, paint a few rooms, clean constantly (oh yeah, we have 3 cats and 3 basset hounds!), start working out, find a way to take oboe lessons again, learn to sew, learn to really cook, maybe do some landscaping (the dogs have already started....), get active as a Mary Kay consultant again, and most importantly MEET PEOPLE!!

In between, I hope to post here regularly. Let's be honest - I don't necessarily believe that anyone really wants to read what I have to say right now, but I've heard it can be therapeutic and I could use some cheap (free!) therapy!! ;)

Until next time...

1 comment:

Becki said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! :)