Sunday, September 30, 2007

Yeah, it's been a few days.

Friday my husband went to Houston to stay the night with his younger brother. He has season tickets to the Texas A&M home football games, and he usually leaves Friday to have a shorter drive on Saturday morning. My job, as usual, was to stay home with the dogs. It's kinda nice, actually, being 'home alone' and getting things done without anyone (human anyway) underfoot.

But, then there's the dogs. I own just about every product Swiffer has to offer now. With all the dirt and debris the dogs drag in, I've had to come up with a system - vaccum, Swiffer, mop. I could do this every day and pick up a lot of dirt every day. I have not found a way around it, so I can at least be thankful we have tile and not carpet! When all's said and done, though, they sure are a lot of fun.

This weekend, I also undertook the task of mounting a new towel ring and toilet paper holder in the half bath. It's actually kinda fun working with power tools, even when you don't know what you're doing. Now that I'm in a 'home improvement' mood, I think I'm going to head over to the paint store tomorrow to pick out some colors and supplies. I'm thinking of painting all 3 bedrooms. Maybe next football game weekend....

No comments: